Basic Steps of Organic Farming
Organic farming approach involves following five principles:
- Conversion of land from conventional management to organic management
- Management of the entire surrounding system to ensure biodiversity and sustainability of the system.
- Crop production with the use of alternative sources of nutrients such as crop rotation, residue management, organic manures and biological inputs.
- Management of weeds and pests by better management practices, physical and cultural means and by biological control system
- Maintenance of live stock in tandem with organic concept and make them an integral part of the entire system