Plant Nutrition :: Mineral Nutrition
1. What is the reason for the marginal leaf drying in rice?
Due to the deficiency of potassium nutrient, the entire leaf margin is drying
2. Why the rice leaf color turns to yellowing?
If yellowing is occurring in old leaves, it is due to nitrogen deficiency. If it is young leaves, that may be due to iron deficiency
3. Give the symptoms of nitrogen deficiency in crops?
4. How to identify phosphorus deficiency?
5. What is mean by ‘Tea Yellowing’?
Yellowing of leaves in Tea is due to sulfur deficiency.
6. Give the typical examples of iron Chlorosis present in plants
7. What is mean by ‘khaira’?
It is the deficiency symptoms of zinc which occurs in rice plant.
8. Which nutrient deficiency causes cooking of leaves?
9. Fruit cracking appears due to what nutrient deficiency?
10. “Phagala Blight of sugarcane” caused by which Nutrient?
11. How to control iron chlorosis in crops?
Foliar spraying of 250-500g of ferrous sulphate dissolved in 100 lit of water.
12. Give the common symptoms of boron deficiency in crops
13. Which nutrient is essential for translocation sugar in plant system?
14. Rough skin of guava and citrus is caused by which nutrient?
15. Name the deficiency symptoms of boron in grapes?
‘Hen and chicken’ berries
16. How to control the boron deficiencies in citrus, guava and grapes?
17. How to control zinc deficiency in banana and mango?
Banana : Foliar spraying of 0.5% zinc sulphate (5g in 1 lit) or apply 30 g zinc sulphate per plant
18. Which nutrient causes button shedding in coconut?
19. ‘Whip tail’ in cauliflower is occurring by which nutrient?
20. How to control ‘rosette’ appearance in citrus?
Foliar application of copper sulphate @ 5-10 g in 10 lit of water
21. How to correct the zinc deficiency in onion?
Seed treatment with 0.01% zinc sulphate (1g zinc sulphate dissolved in 10 lit of water) or Foliar application of 0.1% zinc sulphate (1g zinc sulphate in 1 lit of water)
22. Give the remedial measures of boron deficiency in cabbage, cauliflower, tomato and chilies.
Nursery area: 40 g Borax per cent
23. Which nutrient deficiency produces “little leaf” in plant species?
24. What are the physiological disorders occur in Mango?
25. Why spongy tissues occur in Mango?
The activity of ripening enzymes due to high temperature and post harvest exposure to sunlight
26. What are the symptoms of Mango malformation?
27. What are all the factors which cause mango fruit drop?
28. Name the serious physiological disorder in mango?
Black tip in a serious disorder, particularly in the cultivar Dahemi.
29. Mention the symptoms of mango black tip?
The damage to the fruits gets initiated right at marble stage and finally black. At this stage/ further growth and development of the fruit is retarded and black ring at the tip extends towards the upper part of the fruit.
30. How to control the mango physiological disorders?
31. What is mean by blossom end rot?
32. List out the physiological disorders present in grapes and give the connection measures.
Small brown lessons develop in the flesh of the fruit
Calcium chloride and calcium nitrate spray during summer
34. How to control internal browning (or) brown heart in apple?
35. Mention the physiological disorders occur in pears
36. List out the physiological disorders found in tomatoes
37. Give the symptom of blossom end not
38. What is the reason for fruit cracking in tomato?
© All Rights Reserved. TNAU-2016.