- Time of application is decided by LCC score
- Take observations from 14 DAT in transplanted rice or 21 DAS in direct seeded rice.
- Repeat the observations at weekly intervals up to heading
- Observe the leaf colour in the fully opened third leaf from the top as index leaf.
- Match the leaf color with the colours in the chart during morning hours (8-10 am).
- Take observation in 10 places.
- LCC critical value is 3.0 in low N response cultures like White Ponni and 4.0 in other cultivars and hybrids
- When 6/10 observations show less than the critical colour value, N can be applied @ 35kg N/ha in dry season and 30kg N/ha in wet season per application per ha.
- Green manure and farm yard manure application will enhance the growth and yield of rice in this system approach.
Leaf Color Chart based N Management